The US Response 2018
The existence of the US Refugee Resettlement program is in peril.
- More than 25 million refugees have been displaced from their homes.
- In FY2017 Presidential Determination was 110,000
- In FY2016, the US accepted approximately 85,000 refugees from all over the world, up from 70,000 in 2015. Ten thousand were Syrian.
- President Trump reduced the FY2018 number by Executive Order, to 45,000To ensure that 45,000 would not be admitted, the administration further implemented a series of needless bureaucratic slowdowns in the admissions system.
- At this rate, fewer than 20,000 refugees will make it to our shores.